Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Resolutions

I am really still here and I'm still knitting, just don't seem to get on the computer to update this blog.

So one of my New Year's Resolutions is to knit more and to update this blog on a regular basis. Note I haven't said what that means, I just don't know how regular will be regular. I've been back to work since the end of October and my son and I have had colds, pink eye and the flu since I returned to work. I put Denis to bed and I'm soon in bed myself. I'm determined to give myself at least 30 minutes of knitting every evening. Oh, I didn't mention I'm back in the classroom and I have a Senior Kindergarten /Grade 1 combined class. And my SK's stay all day. Truly it is just 2 of my little SK girls that keep me hoping all day, they are a true challenge, ergo my exhaustion at the end of the day.

I marked the end of 2011 by casting off the back of Denis' new wool vest. Later this month I'll be registering Denis for Junior Kindergarten and in September he'll begin school. All the Catholic schools in Toronto now have a navy and white dress code, so I'm knitting him a navy vest to get him prepared. I'll mark the beginning of 2012 by casting on the front later today.

Denis' day care is in the elementary school he'll attend. I love the idea that he'll just walk across the hall to his class at the beginning and end of his day. I hope to get him into the morning Kindergarten class.

Pembroke Vest
By: Kirsten Kapur
The rest of the information is on my Ravelry page http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mishmee02/pembroke-vest. I've name the project Ready for School, mainly as the knitting of this is mentally preparing me for Denis going to school. Denis has only been home 10 months and I'm already registering him for Kindergarten, wow!

Oh, please excuse the photo, I've taken better. I dropped my lovely camera and damaged the screen on the back. It still takes photos but I have to guess as to the composition. Next week I'll take the camera out to get it repair.


No comments:

Post a Comment