Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Monday, January 23, 2012

Brown Blues

Who knew trying to buy brown wool would be so difficult!

I went to my favourite yarn store to buy Cascade 220 Superwash for the sweater for the M4A Grad. I need about 5 balls at least, 6 by to be on the safe side. Unfortunately, LYS only had 4 balls.

I called another store I've never been too, but was willing to drive up to it. They had the right colour, but only 3 balls. I recorded the dye lot to see if it was the same as my favourite LYS. No such luck.

I talked about the difficulty during knit night and learned about Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool. So today after work I picked up 3 balls of Brown Heather. Looks really nice and feels wonderful.

I'm working on the gauge. But wouldn't you know it, I can't find a 4.5 mm needle. I'm sure I've multiples of that size around but I can't put my hand on them. Okay, I tell a fib, I actually have a 16 inch, but I need a bigger one to knit the sleeves in the round.

No comments:

Post a Comment