Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Let the edging Begin

The body of the Folded Tweed Bag is finished. Now I begin the picking up stitches for the edging.



I will be using the light beige colour, the one called Autumn, to do the edges. The edges are done in garter stitch.

I'm really pleased with how this bag has knitted up and I love the feel of the yarn.
The colours of the yarn seem to be working too. I love the pink and the blue shades, and I love the MC, the dusty rose colour.

As I've been working on this, I keep thinking of all the lovely sweaters in Debbie Bliss' Fall/Winter 09 magazine that are in the tweed section. My mind keeps saying, 'Hmmm, maybe I could knit that sweater". Then I remember that I promised myself that I'd actually finish a bunch of my works in progress before I spend another penny for yarn. One day I should record all my works in progress. I don't know if it would encourage me or depress me entirely.

Actually, as I've been knitting all weekend, I kept hearing a voice in my head talking about an afghan that's unfinished. I really wish my brother would be quiet when I'm trying to knit, I'm sure I'll finish his afghan sometime in the next couple of years. It's not my fault he's soooooooo tall!

No comments:

Post a Comment