Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Folded Tweed Bag Update

I HATE PICKING UP STITCHES!

I've been working on the edge of the bag for the last 10 days. The bag was finished ever so quickly, but the picking up stitches is driving me crazy.

I even drew a plan for myself so I could see where the stitches would be in relation to the 4 stitch holders I was suppose to be using and the 408 stitches would go around the rectangle. Since making the plan, I've lost it. (Deh, I have the pad of graphpaper, but no plan). And, I can't seem to be able to count up to 408. I'm going to try again tonight and use the split stitch markers so I can divide the counting up.

The worst thing there are only 6 rows of knitting and then the bag is finished.

Oh, and I broke my own rule about not buying new yarn until I finished something I've already started. But I found a really cute pattern in the Knitter's Magazine Issue 96, Fall 2009. On page 26 of the magazine they have a beautiful a Hobnail Wrap, which is a large cowl. I decided to make one for Christmas for the elderly mother of a wonderful man from work. This gent is a member of my building security and is a one of those people who make you feel good every morning when you arrive in the building.

I found a beautiful cranberry coloured yarn from Kertzer. It is the new Northern Chunky in Cranberry Cocktail (0409). I chose the yarn in acrylic as it will may need to be washed frequently, and I know this gent does the laundry. It isn't my goal to make his life harder.

It is almost half done yesterday evening, even after it took me half a row with bobbles to figure out how to make the bobbles (oh, it's knit together, not knit. It's going so fast as you knit with 2 strands of the chunky yarn together on size 9mm needles. Hopefully I'll have it finished tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment