Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Folded Tweed Bag

As promised, pictures of the wool for the Folded Tweed Bag. It is knitting up very quickly and I'm liking what I see.



The pattern came from this book by Interweave Press. I bought the book because I want to knit one of the baby sweaters. However, since getting the book home, I've started on the cover mittens and now the Folded Tweed Bag. The book has a pattern for a knitted hobby horse, I'm sure that will make it to my 'work in progress' one day. Oh, and no, I haven't started on the baby sweater (YET).

This is what it is suppose to look like when it is finished. Finding the perfect buttons will be a lot of fun.


I've already have this much knitted (I cast on Thursday night after making a huge pot of Beer Chili, mmm it was delicious). So far I've done the front, bottom and about 1/3 of the back. When I've finished I add a border around the entire rectangle in garter stitch. The border will be in the Autumn colour which is the colour of the band I've just finished.

1 comment:

  1. O my goodness I was just looking for a link to your site for my post today and I see all this knitting - I`m following your other blog and had no idea you had been so busy on the knitting front! I have to run and get my post up but I`ll be back to catch up with all your knitting (and I`ll have to change what I`m following too!)

    ReplyDelete