Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Champagne Bubble Shawl

Before I begin documenting my works-in-progress, I thought I should document my finished projects.


First off I have my Champagne Bubble Shawl. I call it Champagne Bubble Shawl because I knit it this July when my sister Kathryn was home for her week vacation. When Kathryn is in the house, Lawrence Welk is playing on the t.v., ergo the name of this shawl. It was knit to the soundtrack of LW.



Yarn: 3 hanks of Cadenza Hand Paints by Estelle, 80% Superwash Merino Wool and 20% Tussah Silk in colour 966 (Verigated pinks and blues), 350m to 100g
I have 60 grams left over.



The pattern is from the Lace Live article by Jane Sowerby in the Summer 2008 issue of Knitter's Magazine, Page 28. The pattern was called Midori Green Shawl




I finally got around to weaving in the ends and blocking it today. With the change in weather I'll be able to use it as soon as it is dryed.

No comments:

Post a Comment