Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Amanda's Squatty Sidekick: Take 2

Well, I did decide to frog the purse when I got home yesterday, and I'm extremely glad I did. The shape of the purse is SO much better this time around. I had made an error right off - in fact, the error was in knitting the first row after casting on. How much early can you make your error. The base of the purse consists of 60 rows. You create the sides of the purse by picking up stitches, along the base of the purse. I realize that I wanted a knitted row for the last of my 60 rows so as to be ready to pick up the stitches knitwise.
I also decoded the pattern before knitting. When I say decoded, I mean I need to translate the pattern into both pictures and smaller units of numbers. The pattern clearly tells how many knits etc between M1 stitches, but I NEED to know how that works. So, before I start knitting, I figure out how the pattern works. My first time around I didn't do this, I just started knitting. As the body of the purse began to get wonky, I wasn't sure what was wrong because I didn't know how the pattern worked.
So yesterday, after frogging the purse, I figured out the pattern and saw how the increases and decreases worked within the sides of the purse.
Now all I need to do is finish the handle, make the closure and, yippee, felt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment