Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy 2015 the Year of Organization

It has been nearly 3 years since I posted on this blog. They have been very, very busy years with child wrangling, student wrangling,  camping, curriculum writing, car dieing and buying, and lots of knitting. But I have not a lot of finished products. My knitting, house, finances, and life are totally disorganized. I've read on Facebook where people choose a word instead of making a list of New Year's Resolutions, so my word for 2015 is Organization.

To begin organizing my knitting, I'm going to start by sorting and listing all my WIP. I've also said, uhmm, that this will be the year of completing WIP instead of starting.

So let's begin:

Number 1

On my needles at the moment I am making this gray scarf for M4A This scarf will be a part of a package given to a 16 year old who is 'graduating' out of the orphanage system. At the two children's homes M4A supports, the graduates will receive a hand knit sweater, scarf, hat, mittens, and 2 pairs of socks (thin for wearing in shoes, and thick for wearing around their house). They also receive store bought blankets, alarm clocks and other products that the organizer Nanci purchases during her trip.

Number 2

 This is the Lane Splitter skirt. I am about 4 inches from the decreases. I love the pattern and the yarn I bought at Mary's store in Unionville (I miss Mary's)

















Number 3

This is the KnitPicks Chroma in Worsted weight that I had bought to make the Lane Splitter skirt. But I decided the yarn wasn't up to the wear of a skirt, so I decided to knit a hat. I'm thinking the hat may be too small, I'll have to see when I make it back to it.




 Number 4
This is Still Light. I had started it in an alpaca yarn I have, but I found it too scratchy. I have started this yoke 4 times. I keep messing up at the wrap and turn on the purl side and leave a hole. I have a new technique to learn, purl wrap and turn.


Number 5
Socks for M4A. I started these in the summer or early fall. I have one sock done. I meant to send them with the fall shipment of socks to Kazakhstan.
Number 6
This is a cowl in Alla's pattern. I bought this orange Eco Plus at Romni Wools in the spring on a trip with Denis. Denis found the wool and said he really wanted it. I love EcoPlus so I bought it, but orange isn't my colour.





Now to enter all these projects onto Ravelry. Let's see how many projects I find tomorrow.

Till then stay warm and knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment