Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

To Shrug Or Not to Shrug

In January, when I was in my cast on crazy days, I decided to make the Comfy Shoulder Shrug by JoAnne Turcotte. It calls for worsted weight yarn, so I went through my stash to see if I had some worsted.

Instead I found Northern Chunky by S. R. Ketzer in the house and though it was bulky, I thought it could do the job. Nope, the knitting was stiff. The shrug would have been like airplane wings.

So, I looked around the house again and came up with Sandnes Mini Alpakka. This stuff is fingering weight yarn, so again not what I needed, but I tried it doubled and I was able to get gage.


Only now I'm not liking the material. I think I screwed up the cast on because look how it curls.
And in this row I've done something screwy.
I was planning to go back to this when I finished the M4A sweater, now I'm not to sure. Instead I think I'll go and finish Denis vest for school in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment