Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Friday, May 8, 2009

Yarn swift was an expensive experience

I went back to my favourite yarn store as they let you use their yarn swift to wind a ball of yarn. I'm about ready to join my last ball of Butterfly Super 10 for my beautiful Purple Polka Purl Dots summer top. So, instead of hand winding the yarn as I've done for the past 2 hanks, I decided to treat myself and use the store's swift. It turned out to be an expensive experience.

Why, do you ask?

Because I could resist purchasing more of the beautiful Butterfly Super 10.

I am utterly enjoying knitting with this beautiful cotton thread. It is very easy to knit and feels wonderful. I bought 5 hanks of 3446 Cotton Candy to knit a beautiful 1 button lacy cardigan (pattern by Sirdar #9005) and 3 hanks of 3475 Geranium to knit a sleeveless top (pattern also by Sirdar #9155)

While I was in the store I wound 2 hands of the lighter colour, the cotton candy. I told Lynn that I should have wound them all as it would be less expensive that way. She was confused until I told her the cost of winding my one ball of 3928 Plum (4 patterns and 8 additional hanks of yarn).

I bought another Sirdar pattern (#8400) of another sleeveless summer top. It has a sharp zigzag pattern going up the front and back. And I also bought the Naturally Yarns pattern FC 46 of another sleeveless summer top. This one is knit in 4 ply.

Oh, and I didn't' mention the shipment of Shine Sport I received today from KnitPicks, did I? Well, I save that for another day. Maybe the day I have to pay the credit card?

No comments:

Post a Comment