Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Another Great Weekend Gardening

I thought I would have last weekend to garden, but poor Denis came down with the flu on Friday, and by Sunday both J and I had come down with it too. Saturday last weekend was a glorious day, or so I'm told, I spent the day with my wee one who was very poorly. But a week has passed and we are pretty much all better.

Today was another glorious day. All week the weather was threatening to be awful for the Victoria Day weekend, but it has been pretty nice so far. Yesterday was sweatshirt weather, but today was sunny and warm. Denis even got the sprinkler going.


I've almost dug out the first of the 4 raised beds I'm putting in the garden. Now to brave Home Depot to purchase the wood to make the raised beds.

I suddenly found myself cleaning out the shed this afternoon. It was not on my agenda, but it is something that was in desperate need to be done. I cannot remember the last time I cleaned out that thing. The plan this summer is take the shed down as it is decaying. It is also where I plan to put a deck.





I also purchased 2 columbine plants to go with the 2 bleeding hearts I bought last week. They are planted in the garden under the lilac bush. I'm really happy with how the garden is coming this spring.



I have been knitting too. Today, my brand new, favourite knitting store (The Knitting Loft) started a sock KAL. I started this vanilla sock pattern with an afterthought heel by Nurturing Fibers. The yarn is Biscotte Bis-Sock in Valentine's Day. Since it is a vanilla sock pattern, I thought it would be a great time to do 2 socks at a time. I've almost got the  toe finished.












This is my nearly finished Zippo in Persian Red Kelbourne Woolens Germantown. I'm loving the yarn and the very simple pattern. I think I only have 48 rows or so until I cast off.

Well, off to do some much needed laundry. I do love working in the garden, I just wish I had 'staff' to do all the inside chores I absolutely hate.

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment