Knitting My Life Away

Knitting My Life Away

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

KAL inspired visit to Mary's

My Stitch and Bitch is in the middle of a KAL. We are doing the beautiful shawl Haruni designed by Emily Rose.

I started my shawl by hitting my stash as I was determined not to buy anything new while I'm at home on parental leave. I chose the Marks and Kitten sock yarn that I had purchased just in case when I was knitting Mwaa's 1/2 Pi shawl in honour of Elizabeth Zimmerman. I like the look of the shawl, but I have to admit I was jealous of all the light and summery/shimmery yarns the others were using.

I decided I needed to find something a little more summery/shimmery for myself, so for now I'm going to let the dark shawl hibernate and I'm going with Dawn in this wonderful green.
Oh, and as Dawn has been discontinued, which I think is a terrible shame, the yarn was on half price.

I bought some other stuff, but that's for anther post.

No comments:

Post a Comment